Wednesday, June 3, 2009

14th Night

We spent the day doing laundry and sanding the kitchen cabinents.  Fun?!?

Tonight's dinner

Pineapple Turkey Burgers

1 lb lean ground turkey
1 tspn ground ginger
1/2 tspn allspice
a pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 can of cubed pineapple... we use the in its own juice kind. 

Spray grill so your meat does not stick.  Pre heat grill to medium.  

Mix ingredients like you are making meat loaf, with your hands.  Dig right in.  Form into burgers.  I made five burgers from 1 pound of meat.  Grill 5 to six minutes on each side.  Serve on buns.

I served grilled pineapple rings as a side because the kitchen was still a mess.  

Opinion:  These were SO good.  I think next time I may try fresh ginger and crushed pineapple instead.  I also think they would be really good in a pita shell.  Beware, some of the pineapple fell out while cooking.  The flavor and texture were nice.  A citrus salad would have made a nice side, but I could not risk paint chips in our food.  I prepared these outside. 

Kid Opinion:  It was ground meat.  She ate a bite, picked the pineapple cubes out, ate the bun, and then filled up on grilled pineapple rings. 

1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy... I must try this recipe since Bug LOVES pineapple! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete