Monday, June 29, 2009

Fajitas!

Fajitas are one of our most favorite meals to whip up. I am going to plug Giant Eagle's salad bar with making this an even quicker and more simple meal. Peppers are still a little high priced here, so I picked up my red and green bell peppers already sliced off the bar for less than one pepper would have cost.

You will need...

Flour tortillas
Sliced green and red bell peppers (to your liking, some like more and some like less. The equivalent to one pepper is plenty for the three of us.)
Sliced Onion, one small red is what I use
Monetary jack cheese
Sour Cream
Guacamole and Salsa if you like it

Now, for your meat, I used to swear by flank steak. I could only get it from the butcher shop, the grocery never seems to have it. Today I picked up some skirt steak that was as thin as paper. IT WAS PERFECT!!!! What makes it even better is that it cooked in about four minutes. This dinner from start to finish took less than ten minutes.

I marinate my steak in...
1 tablespoon of olive oil
The juice of one lime
A splash of red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon of chili powder
a dash of cumin
salt and pepper

I marinated this meat for about two hours and it was perfect. The flank steak is best overnight. Add more lime juice for flank steak too!

I cooked the meat and tortillas on the grill, and the peppers on the stove.

Serve and Eat!

The opinion: We love these. What is not to love about guacamole?
Kiddo prefers what we call cheesy when we have this. Cheese melted in a tortilla shell.... a quesadilla to us grown ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment